Friday, June 19, 2009

Off to Washington DC, Three Hours and Counting

In a few short hours, I'll be on my way in my trusty Jeep Patriot, heading southeast out of Cleveland towards our nation's capital to hang out with my buddy Nick for the weekend. And, if I'm lucky, hopefully I'll be able to see another friend or two as well while I'm out there. This DC trip is one that's long overdue as I've been promising Nick a visit since he moved out there over five years ago. Sad, I know, but it's an unfortunate fact that we all get wrapped up in our daily lives and sometimes it's just difficult to visit everyone we'd like to, especially between the multiple UC reunions and guy trips we've taken inbetween. The good thing is that we're all guilty of this, we're well aware of it, and we do all get together, it's like not a single minute has passed.

Most of my weekend trips so far this year have been blessed with cooperative weather, but today does not seem to be the case. Major thunderstorms have been pelting the eastern half of the US since last night, and they don't look to be clearing up until late tomorrow. My drive may not be the most easy-going trek that I've taken recently, but I've dealt with worse, so I'm not all that concerned. I'll just stay focused on the freshly poured beer that I've been promised upon my arrival and I'm sure that'll get me through any drive-related stress that I'll carry with me on the trip down.

I'm leaving work in about 2 and a half hours to stop home so I can pick up my weekend bag, my bike, poor Kino and his satellitte collar, then drop him off with my folks in Youngstown for the weekend, afterwhich I'll be well on my way. I should hit DC around 9/9:30, followed by what looks to be an all-night pub crawl. God help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment