Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Day on Saddle Mountain

Date: August 25
Distance: 5.25 miles  Elevation: 1600 ft.

In preparation for a long hike through the Eagle Cap wilderness in a few short weeks, my friend Josh and I joined up with a few friends to tackle Saddle Mountain.  I had done a lot of day hike ascents in the gorge and around Mt. Hood, but never this far out toward the coast.  This was a day of making some new friends and taking in a summit view vastly different from what I had gotten myself used to.  This is truly a spectacular hike that I would recommend to anyone near the coat with a pair of hiking shoes and a few hours to spare.

Josh and I on the midway viewpoint on Saddle Mountain

The Saddle Mountain Crew, the Tillamook Mountains in the background. 

Descending through the Trees of Saddle Mountain

Stretching our legs on the in Cannon Beach after the hike.


No comments:

Post a Comment