Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Art of Efficient Packing

As departure looms (10 hours!), and I've begun to start organizing what I'll be bringing along with me, it has become ever-more obvious that I'll be packing for nearly 3 different trips all wrapped up in one. Las Vegas and the Filmapolooza event will require some nicer clothing, including a suit and nicely polished pair of boots.

Immediately after I leave Las Vegas, I'll be driving into the Havasupai Indian Reservation, where, following a 10-mile hike from the car, I'll be camping for the next three days with nothing to eat, wear and live on other than what I'll be carrying my back. This calls for a completely different mindset of packing, in that I have to consider weight, distribution and absolute necessity with all that plan on bringing along. Following a grueling hike out of the canyon, the last four days of my trip will consist of an casual, yet overdue visit to my extended-family in Phoenix and Tucson before heading back to Cleveland on Monday morning.

Suits and casual wear in one case. A 3-day living supply in another. My computer, camera and journal in a carry on. Let the journey begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment