Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Did We Win?

No. Not really, anyway. We didn't win the 1st place award, but we were still acknowledged for winning "Best Film" in Cleveland, along with the other city winners. And that's totally okay. I'm extremely proud of our film, but I'm modest enough to admit that some of the films shown today were just incredible. Every one of them were extremely imaginative, well-produced, and mostly shot on HD, which I hate to say, just makes every last frame look absolutely beautiful.

Following the awards ceremony was the awards party, which I love to go into detail about, but quite frankly, I'm so tired right now, I could pass out at this desk. So, here's a pic or two to enjoy from the evening and I'll make sure to detail the events of tonight in much more detail in a few days. Starting tomorrow, I'll be off the grid until Thursday evening, as I'll be below the rim of the Grand Canyon, while hiking and camping with the Havasupai Indians on their reservation by Havasu Falls. A thorough account of that trip will also be updated later on Thursday or Friday, depending on when I'll find the time to catch up after I arrive in Phoenix.

Before I sign off though, I just want to thank everyone from my team for getting us to this point tonight. Sage was a perfect partner and sounding board during the entire process, Marty really helped set the tone of the film through his music, Leila, Pete and Dawson did a phenomenal job at piecing together a really fun, tense screenplay and our entire cast, especially Mike, were nothing short of memorable in each of their own ways. Great job, guys. I can't wait to share this trophy with each and every one of you when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment