Saturday, September 27, 2008

Stopping in Illinois

If you've ever thought about going out of your way to visit the Illinois countryside...don't. Why? Because there's nothing here. There's barely anywhere to stop for food and when you do end up actually finding something...gone are the roadside diners and local cafes. Nope, it's all Burger King and Taco Bell. ...We settled on Burger King. Good ol' American.

After a quick lunch, we made our way into town and tracked down a Border's bookstore, where I am now. We wanted to find a book that would give us something to do on the road, some kind of highway game or the like that would allow us to keep our sanity amongst the cornfields to come. Surprisingly, Borders has no such book. I mean, nothing. So, I think we're going to pick up a word search or pun book and be done with it.

-- Stephanie here! I ended up buying the book Twilight, the first in a 4 book series. So hopefully I'll get well into that by the end of this trip. It's a vampire story, how could I go wrong?

We're about to leave and drive on through to Des Moine now, where I'll be able to upload the rest of the photos from today. Another five hours to go!

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly where that split in the road is! I've driven it a thousand times before when I was living in Chicago.

    Hope the trip is still going strong and that you guys enjoy every second of it.

    Steph, best of luck to you in your new and exciting adventures! I hope to hear lots about it in a blog form!!!

    Always,

    Chris Morgan

    ReplyDelete